The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

sp7 isn't fast with multi tabs Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
OW sp 7 is fast but not with multi tabs : when I Open in New Tabs a folder containing 15 tabs, the first tab is accessible only after 15 s/20 s (with Safari it's practically instantaneous). Dommage.

Nota : In the OW's tab drawer, I use texts (not images) and with Safari, I use SafariStand and show his Sidebar (an equivalent for the OW's tab drawer) with images.

Last edited by myckmack; 2006-05-03 at 01:32 AM.. Reason: Precision in the title

Quote:
Originally Posted by teorema67
As I say, the time I gived in my first message is the time for the first tab to be completely loaded. For all the 15 tabs to be completely loaded, Safari takes ~ 20 s and OW sp 7, ~ 15-20 s : it's much better for OW ;).

OK, loading and caching are different in OW and Safari.

In my test I get the 1st tab nearly instantly in OW and in Safari, < 1 sec.

A difference is, that Safari shows the 1st link not in a new, but in the open tab. OW shows all links in new tabs, also the 1st, and I have to click this tab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teorema67
A difference is, that Safari shows the 1st link not in a new, but in the open tab. OW shows all links in new tabs, also the 1st, and I have to click this tab.
Remarque :
- Safari can be featured as OW with Saft.
- OW can be featured as Safari by alt-Command-click the bookmarks folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myckmack
Remarque :
- Safari can be featured as OW with Saft.
- OW can be featured as Safari by alt-Command-click the bookmarks folder.
Thanks for this hint! I rarely open all links of a bookmarks folder all together. Anyway, the time needed by OW and Safari is as described above.

He clarified what he was talking about, in the other thread. He's not talking about load time, but the priority in which tabs are loaded. It doesn't seem like OW is giving priority to the foremost tab. From what he describes, it seems like Safari does.