The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Creating a folder in a project? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Just invested in omniFocus for iPad and loving it so far.

Am stumped however as I can't create a folder in a project like this:

I have a folder called 'programs'. In that folder I have 6 projects.

In one of the projects I want to create a few folders that group related actions together - for example, a folder called meeting prep and another might be called approval testing tasks - in which will be several actions.

However when I navigate down through the folder, then into the project, when I hit the + icon, I don't get offered a folder option; only new action or new quick note.

Anyone help a noob, please?!

Folders can contain folders and projects. Projects can contain actions and action groups (nested actions). To create an action group, you just move one action into another one with the Move button in the Info section of the editor. Once you've created a group (or project), you can edit it to choose whether its actions must be done in sequence or can be done in parallel. Tap on the name of the project (or group), choose the Info section, and you'll see the "type" field.

Thanks so much for the quick reply whpalmer4!

Got it now - seems easy once you know... structured now the way I want it; perfect!