The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

cut/copy/paste regression Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Preface: have already been in contact with support for this issue, posting to see if other users are experiencing a similar issue.

1.) Cut/Copy actions, when pasted, immediately paste into inbox
ignoring actual paste location (also removes any action context).

Move items button cannot substitute for moving actions via cut/copy/paste. This button only will drill up so many items, does nothing to move actions into a SA list in another folder that is not parent (sibling of parent folder in top level). Though, you could 1.) convert an action into a project 2.) move to desired location 3.) convert back into an action 4.) move into your SA list. This is undesirable. Example:

Folder 1
SA List 1
Action to be moved

Folder 2
SA List 2
Action(s)
Action destination

Not exactly sure if this is related to what you describe, but I'd like to be able to drag an action onto a project, have the project open up like a folder in the finder, and then place the action where I want it.

I did this manually just now, copied the action, opened the project, pasted it in, and the note that was part of it disappeared.

I am having the exact same issue with copy/paste on OmniFocus for iPhone, and also reported it to OmniGroup. Hopefully, this is something they will get a chance to fix soon.

Alex

The strange thing being, I do not believe almost anyone uses the cut/copy/paste action support.

When support was introduced, you could copy and paste an action into the same SA list/action group. Later versions simply broke this and no matter where you paste an action, it appears in an auto-created Miscellaneous SA list at root level of your project structure (or the inbox if the copied action has no context).

Last edited by analyticalbiochemist; 2011-03-14 at 03:36 PM..

I also feel that this feature used to work when it first showed up in OmniFocus for iPhone.

As to how many people use it, it must for sure be one of those more advanced features, but there can also be a lot of people who just tried it once, saw it didn't work, and don't use it since, but would if it did work. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

To anyone finding this thread: if you have this problem, make sure to report it to the OmniFocus support by sending them a quick email.

Alex