The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Split text block to new tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I often paste in a list from somewhere else and then find myself wanting to explode that list of a single text block several line long into separate tasks.

What's the easiest way to do this?

I've only found that I can cut everything except the top line then paste that into a new task and continue down in a new fashion which seems fairly slow. There has to be a better way!

Best way is to paste it so that it makes separate items. Instead of clicking in the row and then pasting, click on a row handle, then paste, and you should get a separate action for each line on the clipboard.

Brilliant! That's exactly what I needed, many thanks for the quick reply.