The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeating a Task Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How many people who are asking for recurring tasks are really wanting them in OmniFocus rather than in OmniPlan? (I.e., how many people are using them to plan their personal lives, vs. how many people are wanting them in a Gantt chart project plan?)

Definitely OmniPlan .. ..the "weekly tag up meeting " menitoned earlier is quite common [at least in my world ]

Please cast a vote for me too. I've been a recent migrant to the OSX level and a professional project manager....

I can't believe recurring tasks aren't in this otherwise excellent application (bar a few other strange shortcommings...)

Anyone working with timebox methodologies will require these, not to mentioned many other needs for recurring tasks...

Until such functionality is present I can't hit the buy button...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejongj
Please cast a vote for me too. I've been a recent migrant to the OSX level and a professional project manager....

I can't believe recurring tasks aren't in this otherwise excellent application (bar a few other strange shortcommings...)

Anyone working with timebox methodologies will require these, not to mentioned many other needs for recurring tasks...

Until such functionality is present I can't hit the buy button...
Vote added for you dejongj. :-)

Add one for me too.

Vote added!

A group of us is evaluating OmniPlan, and this is a key feature that we'd really like to see. With all of these votes, what chance is there that this feature might be available soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdretk View Post
A group of us is evaluating OmniPlan, and this is a key feature that we'd really like to see. With all of these votes, what chance is there that this feature might be available soon?
We're considering this for OmniPlan 2.0, but OmniPlan 2.0 isn't coming any time soon (lots of work to be done). We'll have a better idea of when OmniPlan 2.0 is ready later on as work continues.

Quick show of hands... how many of you would like to see all recurrences on a single line in the outline view/Gantt chart? How many would really rather have each recurrence on a separate line so that, perhaps, you can put your recurring "sprint retrospective" meeting following the other tasks of each sprint?

I rather like the MS project way, individual tasks all held within a roll up / group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bunch View Post
Quick show of hands... how many of you would like to see all recurrences on a single line in the outline view/Gantt chart? How many would really rather have each recurrence on a separate line so that, perhaps, you can put your recurring "sprint retrospective" meeting following the other tasks of each sprint?