The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Need ideas on how to handle these concepts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm using OmniFocus on the iPad, but am planning to get the Mac version soon.

My question is how to handle prescriptions. As you know there is x number of refills before a given date. There is the date written and the number of days worth of medication. You need to call in the refill before you run out but after the insurance company (if you are lucky enough to have one) will cover next month's cost. And you can't run out. And you will need to be reminded to call the Dr. to have the next prescription written. There are multiple medications and Dr's and it is complicated so no, getting 90 day supplies won't help.

An example question would be billing hours. Say you can submit billing anytime after Sunday 12:01 am (sooner is better) but must be done before Saturday midnight of the week following the two weeks you are billing for. You can see I'm getting confused.

You work x hours week one, x hours week two, and during the entire week three can submit for payment. This repeats every two weeks.

A similar item would be a task you can do anytime during the week but simply expires if not done meaning you could do the same task any time during the following week. How do you get this to appear as available early in the week so you don't have to have it pile up at the end of the week.

This all as opposed to something you do once every three months, and if you forget you will need to do three months after you remember.

I use forecast a lot and I have been working with learning the program but want to see how others would do any of the above. I would appreciate any help anyone wants to give.