The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

How to Use "Find..." for numbers Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm having trouble understanding how to use the find function to find numbers. For example, I have a number (formatted as currency), and I want to find that number in a file, and it's not working. I'm using a number I already know is in the file, but the search is still coming up empty. I know the find function works on words, but is there some method that needs to be used to find numbers?

Chris,
You're right. I can't find a number in a "number column" either.

James B

If you change your column type to "rich text" it will work. Sounds like a bug that it's not working with the column type set to "number".

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle
If you change your column type to "rich text" it will work. Sounds like a bug that it's not working with the column type set to "number".
That won't work, because I'm using the number columns to add costs and summary. Making it "rich text" removes that ability. I will see if I can submit it as a bug, then.