The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Using Automator to export latest version to PDF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So here's what I would love to have happen, but I don't know how to do it.

The situation is this...
- I work in a single folder and I sometimes increment the versions of my files like this: "projectname v1.graffle", then "projectname v2.graffle"
- I export my latest work to a PDF file with the name "projectname latest.pdf"

I would now like...
- whenever I save a .graffle file in the specified folder, a PDF is generated from the last saved .graffle file.
- and it is named "projectname latest.pdf"
- and it overwrites the older/previous "projectname latest.pdf"

Is this possible? Do I use AppleScript? Do I use Automator? Can somebody please walk me through the process?

Thanks if you can help.