The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Corrupt file Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I got a rather big file (2,9 MB) with a lot of layers (I didn't use canvasses I think, cause when I started working on it I didn't know of them). The file opened quit slow (on a MBP), but this was fair (I just noticed it cause other files where much faster).

Today I made some minor text changes, zoomed in and out of text, but then (I really cannot remember what I was doing) the application (Graffle 4.1.2) crashed. When I opened the application again it tried opening the file automaticly (I set this preference like that), but it stopped responding (like the first crash). I removed the pref file, so I could open up the application, but the file cannot be opened at all.

Is there any way of getting the previous version back? I really got months of work in this file so it really is very important to me to recover it. I wouldn't mind losing this days work (or yesterdays), but the complete file is just to bad.

I hope someone can help me, cause this is really bad.

did you email the file to omnigraffle@omnigroup.com? often our ninjas can rescue most of the file data if you ask nicely.

You wouldn't believe it, but somehow it just opened, when I accidently opened it, while trying to email the file. Can it be that it had something to do with me restarting the computer. After the omnigraffle crash the finder suddenly quit and I wasn't able to restart it, so I had to do a reboot. Maybe that solved some issues... Anyway: I'm back in business!!! Thanks for the quick reply (it's still a great app, but you better use the canvasses instead of layers for big files I guess ;-D)

Kind regards,
Benjamin