The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lost Page Breaks On Export Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi. I have a multi-page diagram that prints just fine via OmniGraffle. However, when I export to PDF to share w/ friends who don't have OG, the diagram comes out as one BIG page. How do I not lose the page breaks on export to PDF? Thanks! Nick :)

Try printing to PDF, that should incorporate the page breaks.

I haven't run into this problem, so I have to assume the solution proposed (printing to PDF versus exporting to PDF) works. However, it is pretty unintuitive: one would think that exporting to PDF (i.e. the complete document option) would be exactly the same as printing.

Is this a bug in Graffle? (If so, I assume it's known and will be fixed in the future.)

If it is NOT a bug, could someone then explain what are the differences between exporting and printing to PDF?

Thanks,

Mathew

In the case above, there is one canvas that is oversized and prints to multiple pages. Therefore, an export of the canvas or whole document will be to one single page PDF.

However, in the case of using Graffle Pro where one has many canvases, an export of the entire document to PDF will result in one page per canvas.

Thanks, that helps.