The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Idle OmniWeb SP12 consuming all available CPU cycles Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
When I noticed Cee Pee You reporting 100% CPU utilization, I fired up Activity Monitor to take a look. OmniWeb, with a single empty window open, was consuming 65 - 75% of the CPU cycles.

When I ran two Sample reports in Terminal, the CPU usage dropped to 45 - 55% while Sample was running and then bounced back to its earlier level.

I quit OmniWeb and relaunched. It's now idling with an identical blank window at 0 - 5% CPU usage, and less the 1% when it is not the frontmost app.

[I attached two Sample reports to my formal bug report.]