The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Problem with Mail to OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am also having this problem. I haven't tired hacking the script yet.

Add me to this list. I've used this feature through several builds before release, but now it doesn't work. I have a mail rule that automatically sends mail from a small group of collaborators to OF using "MailAction.applescript" , then files the message in a Mail folder. It worked fine until the end of the year. Now, nothing.

grichar1: we changed how that script worked at some point. you might need to reset it. Turn off the rule in OmniFocus and turn it back on again. And make sure you set those preferences the way you want them. Then quit both OmniFocus and Mail and relaunch them. See if maybe that helps?

Add me to the list of people for whom this is not working.

Still no love. --

Does anyone have any idea why this feature might be broken?
Anyone working on a fix?

same problem here.

I think I've got it :
reset the mail param in omnifocus mail pref
create MANUALLY the autorized e.mail adresses (the adresses you are sending from) in the omnifocus mail preferences (mine were all greyed out).
+ check the different settings (--) and check add mail rule
restart both app (mail and omni)
restart and test.
in my case, it works now.

just a curious think : I had ------- in my signature.
and omnifocus creates a different message each time it finds this ------
I changed all my signatures with ________ and now it works properly.
hope this helps.

Last edited by fabrice67; 2008-01-16 at 03:18 AM..

I think I found part of the problem.

When I send mail that is pure plain text, it gets parsed just fine. However, when my mailer sends formatted text, it doesn't work.

So I suspect it has something to do with formatted body text getting glued together with plaintext subject headers and either that is failing, or the parsing thereafter is failing.

I'm having the same problem. OmniFocus does even start when it receives an email with the applied rules, but it just doesn't add them to the Inbox.
Where is the mistake? I'm sending mails from the iPodTouch Mail Client.

This is so frustrating.

I, too, have had nothing but problems with the Mail script working properly. A couple of emails have successfully sneaked through to become Actions in my Focus Inbox, but in a seemingly random fashion.

The Apple Console app sometimes shows this:

2008-01-21 10:19:44.683 OmniFocus[6373] .sdef warning for part of complex type 'color | text | file | point | real | integer | boolean | point | missing value' used in suite 'OmniStyle Scripting': 'missing value' is not a valid type name.