The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Why 5pm? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey therem
why did you choose 5pm? That's more as bad - please give us the option to choose the default due-time as in the desktop-version, or sync this setting with the desktop-version. -.-

I agree. I would like to be able to synchronize the default due time between the iPhone and desktop versions!

... or at least as a preference in the iPhone application.

Take heart; we're still planning on synching the default start time between the two versions and making this preference settable on the phone.

We changed the default time the iPhone app uses because we got a fair amount of email from folks who didn't like having actions go overdue right at 12:01 am. They'd add an action that started was due on the same day; by the time they saw it, they were 'late'.

I wouldn't mind the chance to set the defaults on the phone, but the start and due times of 00:00 & 17:00 work well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Take heart; we're still planning on synching the default start time between the two versions and making this preference settable on the phone.

We changed the default time the iPhone app uses because we got a fair amount of email from folks who didn't like having actions go overdue right at 12:01 am. They'd add an action that started was due on the same day; by the time they saw it, they were 'late'.
Mostly, since I keep my iPhone near my bed at night, the 12:00am alerts were really annoying.....

J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJ80 View Post
Mostly, since I keep my iPhone near my bed at night, the 12:00am alerts were really annoying.....

J.
You don't need to use alerts :-p

No, but I think one of the other things is we want to decide "altert for this todo or not"

exactly. a nonzero due date/time should not equal an alert.

j.