The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Start and Due Date Columns Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm comfortable with the fact that these may not be present, but the latest "daily messages" and preference additions would lead me to believe that I should be seeing these somewhere, if not everywhere. Can anyone confirm their existance (or non-existance) for me as of build 87718?

To confirm: I know I can enter these dates via the inspector - I'm asking whether there are dedicated columns in quick entry, or the main context/project views.

I see the option to toggle them in the preferences, but doing so (even with a restart or a new window) doesn't yield any change for me.

Killing off my preferences does not change this.

I should also note that I originally imported my kinkless in a MUCH earlier build, if that effects anything. Tgabjs!

Start/Due date columns are indeed alive an well. Once enabled (on by default, I think), create something in the inbox, the two columns after the context are the date fields. They are only available in the inbox.

They were enabled in the quick entry previously (87693, I believe), but I don't see it currently.

For now, I'm leaving them disable since it gulps up so much screen real-estate. I'm eager for adjustable columns.

Ahhh. Thanks. I was viewing inbox inline with everything else and so it wasn't showing there. Thanks....

The columns are there now ... and they have my old KGTD dates in them (even though I imported over a week ago).

But you're right about the real-estate ... please allow us to adjust the column width! [And change the font to something compressed, at least for some columns.]

And, some sort of indication for the start/end columns would be nice. You can't even tell they're there unless they have data.

--Liz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizPf
[And change the font to something compressed, at least for some columns.]
Format > Font > Show Fonts (or the familiar shortcut Cmd-T)

You can now show and hide these columns in the preferences.

yay, it's great to have start and due date columns. Thanks OmniDudes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
Format > Font > Show Fonts (or the familiar shortcut Cmd-T)
Yup.

But what I'd ideally like is the ability to change the format in some columns only.

My eyes aren't as young as they used to be ... I want the Project/Tas column in a nice readable font (I like Optima), but Contexts, dates, etc. can be compressed to save window space. This is how I had KGTD set up.

I know not everyone would like this, so the ability to format columns would work for us all.

--Liz