The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

new iPod Touchscreen and OF web interface Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the calculator in OS X 10.4 not only has a scientific version but also a preference for RPN. I still tend to use MathU on my Palm, though, ever since the batteries died on my HP 11C. I hope the same code was used for the iPod Touch calculator.
I'm pretty sure the iPod calculator is the same as the iPhone which, although a wonderful tribute to Dieter Rams, is not scientific as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the calculator in OS X 10.4 not only has a scientific version but also a preference for RPN.
Don't forget the programmer's mode with both binary and hex conversions, plus logical operations too. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekLady View Post
...Wow, that's a sexy scientific calculator. Why the HELL isn't it a proper widget?? I've been making do with PCalc for over a year now. It's the only dashboard scientific calculator I could find, but it's not good enough to pay 20 bucks for, so I have to keep clicking the Later button.
I almost never use widgets; with Quicksilver, the calculator app is a couple keystrokes away. It did take me an embarrassingly long time to discover the RPN feature, during which time I rooted around in my bag for the Palm any time I had to do serious arithmetic. I even downloaded the HP X48 emulator application, but it doesn't play well with the keyboard for all operations.

I know I'm strange, but I love widgets. It's really annoying that the calculating ability of the apple widget can be done in my head or on paper, but for anything difficult I have to us PCalc.

I have a G4 at work. It doesn't always play nicely with QS and having more than 3 applications running, and Dashboard is easily three times faster (once I've opened it first thing in the morning) than opening an application that I can't practically leave running.