The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeat Every Weekday Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to set the repeating for a task to repeat every day except for the weekends? I see the options to click on the days of the week but they're all grayed out.

Any thoughts to make my task repeat every M, T, W, R, F and then when Fridays is complete, start again on Monday?

Thanks!

Set the task to repeat weekly, then those buttons will become active. You can view it as a more convenient front end to a set of repeating (weekly) tasks on each of the selected days.

Duh...

THANKS!!!

I was of the opinion that discovering this behavior would not be obvious to all (seems intuitive to think of this as a daily repeating task with exceptions, not a phantom set of parallel weekly repeating tasks!) and you've given me vindication :-)

Prior to this feature being implemented, the most automatic way to implement this sort of repeat was to have a weekly repeating task on Monday plus a weekly repeating task on Tuesday plus ... In some ways, that's still a more powerful approach, because the current implementation doesn't populate your action list more than a day at a time, so looking ahead, you don't see that repeating task more than once. The parallel weekly repeats approach did at least show you the next week's worth, and if you really needed to see them extending out beyond that, you could have two sets, repeating every two weeks and staggered by a week. The same approach supports having things repeating on an irregular pattern, such as a task that repeats every 2 weeks from June through October, but is dormant the rest of the year (you'd make a collection of tasks that repeat yearly, spaced out every two weeks from June through October).