The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unable to enter text in Flash applets after blocking them Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Thanks to head honcho Ken Case's suggestion for using ad blocking to prevent flash applets from automatically loading, I've been happily surfing without singing and dancing annoyances most of the time. However, I've run into a problem with web sites that use Flash for forms. I can't seem to type in the text box.

The rule I'm using to block flash applets is: .*\.swf(\?.*|)$

An example of a site with a flash form is http://www.infinitiusa.com - see the zip code entry box on the front page. There are plenty of other flash form sites around too.

I'm using the 5.9.2 sneakypeek (v622.7.0.110283).

If you are blocking all swfs, you won't be able to type in them.

This is why I cannot just simply block all swf files. I would suggest instead downloading Click2Flash plugin to block flash. Then all you need to do is click onm it to make it load, and/or right click to whitelist the url.

Handycam, ken's method offers the same feature. Click a blocked flash image, and we load it.

I'm able to reproduce the original poster's issue in 5.9.2; works okay in 5.9.1, so it appears to be a regression. I'll file that as a bug. In the meantime, the original poster can roll back to 5.9.1 if necessary. (Available here.)

Thanks!