The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Add a link to a Mail 5.0 email Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I 've read a lot about how we can create OF actions from Mail messages. I 'm kinda trying to do something different.

I 'd like to add a link to a Mail 5.0 message in an OF tasks. The reason I 'd rather not create a task out of the message is that this task needs me to refer to several email messages, so I 'd rather add a link to all of them in the OF task.

Gmail lets you do this easily coz every Gmail message has a unique URL. I also know if I created an OF task through a Mail 5.0 message, OF internally generates a link to the particular message and includes it in the task. I just need a way to generate the link so I can include it in *my* task.

Any help is appreciated.

vsuri

Did you try to drag and drop the message from Mail to the notes field of the OF task? Works with Mail 4.5; I don't have Lion, so can't try it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Did you try to drag and drop the message from Mail to the notes field of the OF task? Works with Mail 4.5; I don't have Lion, so can't try it myself.
Awesome! That works! Thanks!