The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraphSketcher > OmniGraphSketcher General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drag and Drop Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

OmniGraphSketcher looks really beautiful; I'm sure it'll prove a handy tool for teaching undergraduate mathematics, which is how I earn a living. In standard "Omni fashion" I created a pdf labelling the function I was in the middle of graphing, dragged it from "LaTeXiT" to the graph, expecting GraphSketcher to place my label at the drop point. But my humble offering was unceremoniously rejected. Is there no way to import a pdf file (or even a png if we must!) onto the canvas? Any plans to add this capability? Typing mathematical formulae without using latex is like fingernails on a blackboard to most mathematicians, so please give us a way to import our labels!

Best wishes for the new product,
Paul

I checked with them that know OmniGraphSketcher far better than I - apparently there's no support yet for adding graphics to the document. If you email them from the help menu, though, they can add you to the feature request that's open in our development database. Thanks very much!