The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Please, please, make a web interface Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I used to be so organized: Mac at home, Mac at work, iPhone, iPad; all syncd with omnifocus. I was a productivity machine. Sadly, I am now forced to use a PC at work and my efficiency has plummeted. I've tried to use spootnik, but it is a very subpar solution.

Please create a simple web-based omnifocus solution. I would gladly pay you for it. :)

kman

Hi,
Did you check www.nozbe.com ?
regards,

FMter

@kman42,

What do you see the web interface providing you that you don't already have with OmniFocus on iPhone and iPad? Note that I'm not saying there isn't anything that it could provide more conveniently, but rather trying to elicit a list of desired features which would make it more convenient for you. If you are going to bankroll development, it seems only fitting that you should get what you need :-)

This is something we've had some discussions about doing, but we don't have anything in place yet.

Discussion here is totally helpful, as would be (like all feature requests) emails to the support ninjas so we can record the things that folks would like to see added. We read stuff here as we're able, but if you email us, you're guaranteed to get your request recorded.

Brian,

I know a web-interface would certainly be a boon to a couple of mates who are frustrated OF iDevice users stuck with Windows on their desktop.

However, I just got to wondering if it would be possible to set up the OmniSyncServer to accept incoming mail and convert to actions for each subscriber? As an example, I'm thinking along the lines of being able to email an action (hopefully with routing, notes, attachments, etc.) from a PC using something like: endoftheq+omnifocus@omnisyncserver.com.

Thanks for your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheQ View Post
Brian,

I know a web-interface would certainly be a boon to a couple of mates who are frustrated OF iDevice users stuck with Windows on their desktop.

However, I just got to wondering if it would be possible to set up the OmniSyncServer to accept incoming mail and convert to actions for each subscriber? As an example, I'm thinking along the lines of being able to email an action (hopefully with routing, notes, attachments, etc.) from a PC using something like: endoftheq+omnifocus@omnisyncserver.com.

Thanks for your time.
I've wondered about this too. Or in the alternative, give OF the native capacity to check a server for mail rather than relying on Mail.app to do that ans then forward the mails with action items into OF. I use gmail and thunderbird. I'm not switching to mail.app. I'm also not going to keep it open in the background on a machine just to process e-mailed actions.

It bogs my machine down. Moreover, it seems like a very limited pop/imap capacity that OF would need to check a mailserver for mail of a certain sort, particularly if people just set up a dedicated address for sending actions into OF (perhaps you could just require that). Then something like OmniFocus Action Link Creator gets most of it done from anywhere you have a web connection. Just make your link in there, e-mail it to your special OF action e-mail address, and your open OF client at home checks for mail at the interval you select and brings new action items into OF, where they then get synced as usual and populate any other devices running OF.

It doesn't solve things entirely for people who want to view their tasks from a PC, but it brings ubiquitous capture of tasks much closer to a reality.

An Omni hosted solution would definitely be cool, but for people concerned about security, a solution that allows people to choose their own mail server to check would be even better.