The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sharing my task list with my client Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm nearing the end of development projects for two clients. I have an OmniFocus folder for each client with categorized project tasks.

I just transcribed the remaining tasks for one client into an email report. As I started to create a similar message for the other client, I realized what I really would like to do is automatically generate a report of active tasks in an OmniFocus folder or project.

Print to PDF in Project mode is a approximation, except that it truncates task descriptions, shows the context (which is noise to the client), and doesn't show notes.

Have I missed something better than Print?

Ward,

You can use my Export View to OmniOutliner script, which sends the items and their notes over. From there, you can do whatever formatting you need.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
You can use my Export View to OmniOutliner script, ...
Curt's script is fabulous addition to OmniFocus. Here's my first cut at a reporting workflow:
  1. Create a "Remaining Tasks" perspective.
  2. Select a client folder.
  3. Invoke "Export View to OmniOutliner" from the scripts menu (which creates a new, untitled OmniOutliner document and fills in the OmniFocus outline).
  4. Fully expand the outline (and optionally collapse some tasks).
  5. Export the outline in HTML (Dynamic) format into the client's subsite of my website.
  6. Upload the new project status page to my site.
  7. Call the client and discuss the remaining tasks.
There are only two minor shortcomings of the current process:
  • Start and due dates don't appear in OmniOutliner.
  • OmniOutliner doesn't export task notes.
I'm thrilled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
  • Start and due dates don't appear in OmniOutliner.
I'm glad you like the script. Exporting the dates is on my list, but I'm in urgent-only mode for the next few weeks/months.

Curt