The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to change a shape Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi.

Is there a way to simply change a shape ? For instance, I would like to select a rectangular box in my diagram and change it into a parallelogram.

Thanks for your help.

Jerry

Select the shape in question, then bring up the Lines and Shape Inspector. The lower portion of that inspector is a palette of shapes, click on one and your selected shape(s) will change.

What about for graphics used from a stencil? Is there anyway to switch/change the graphic and keep all the connections?

The same thing as Joel has written applies. However, if the shape/object you want to swap for is only on the stencil and not on the canvas, and it isn't one of the standard shapes, it won't appear as a shape in the Lines and Shapes canvas. The solution is to simply drag and drop the alternative shape to your canvas, it will then appear in the inspector and you can then swap the old shape for your alternative one. Then you can delete the one you drag and dropped to clear it from your diagram.