The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Firefox and IE6 don't show Export to HTML images Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Export to Simple HTML pages include CSS-based embedded images for folder, project and flag icons.

These images display fine in OmniWeb 5.8 and Safari 3.1.2 on Mac OS X.

The images completely disappear in Firefox 3 on Mac OS X and Firefox 2 on Windows XP. And the images appear as empty outlined rectangles in Explorer 6 on Windows XP.

I haven't tested other browsers or other platforms.

I use OmniFocus to generate project task lists for each of my clients, using the red flag icons to identify the most critical tasks. Since the flags don't appear in popular Windows browsers, I'm currently using Print to PDF to create reports for my Windows clients - a hassle for both me and them.

Are there Firefox or Explorer settings one can tweak to make Export to HTML images appear?

[submitted as formal feedback]

Is there a CSS wizard in the Omni Group or the OmniFocus community who can make OmniFocus images appear in Windows IE or Firefox?

-- Ward

Last edited by Ward; 2009-01-15 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: submit as formal feedback

After another month of generating task lists in PDF for my Windows clients, it seemed time to take another stab at this shortcoming of OmniFocus' HTML on Windows.

Wikipedia's article on data URI scheme (which I've been calling "CSS-based embedded images") has a list of browsers that support these images. Although Mozilla Firefox is listed, my task lists have no OmniFocus icon images when viewed in Firefox 3.0.6 on Mac OS X 10.5.5 or Windows XP. Sigh!

My Googling of "Firefox data URI" did not reveal any helpful clues.

-- Ward

I've been making more and more use of task notes to flesh out cryptic task names, e.g., a quote from a client email.

Since Print to PDF doesn't show notes, it's no longer an option for sending task lists to my Windows clients.

The only scenario I have at the moment is ...

1. Export to HTML.
2. View the task list in OmniWeb.
3. From OmniWeb: File > Mail Contents of This Page -or- Print to PDF + mail the PDF file.

Is it a goal for OmniFocus' Export to Simple HTML to be viewable on Windows?

-- Ward