The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
Open documents which were open last time you quit Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Moved to Lion with current OO3 Pro.

What happened to the preference:

"Open documents which were open last time you quit"
 
Lion provides that function now for the whole OS, so we removed our version of it.
 
Actually, Lion only offers the ability to open all programs to their previous state. Not a selective choice.

Please put it back.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphaera View Post
Actually, Lion only offers the ability to open all programs to their previous state. Not a selective choice.

Please put it back.
LOL. No, the solution is not for Omni Group to have a separate but parallel feature to what the OS offers, because you can't get the OS working the way you want.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatOne View Post
LOL. No, the solution is not for Omni Group to have a separate but parallel feature to what the OS offers, because you can't get the OS working the way you want.
Sorry but your response doesn't consider some people's concerns.

I, like many people using Lion, find the "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps" option a bit confining. It restores ALL apps to their previous state which is HIGHLY undesirable for me. What Apple did not consider was the lack of flexibility in having this option for ALL apps. So I have, as well as many others, turned this feature off.

So it would be nice if Omnigroup does provide this option for their particular apps. This is NOT a parallel feature.
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgianzero View Post
Sorry but your response doesn't consider some people's concerns.

I, like many people using Lion, find the "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps" option a bit confining. It restores ALL apps to their previous state which is HIGHLY undesirable for me. What Apple did not consider was the lack of flexibility in having this option for ALL apps. So I have, as well as many others, turned this feature off.

So it would be nice if Omnigroup does provide this option for their particular apps. This is NOT a parallel feature.
You can leave the OS setting on and get used to command-option-quit for apps you don't want to re-open their windows.

Or, get one of the 3rd party utilities that lets you set/unset this on a per-app basis.
 
 


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slow to Open OF and Open the Settings [fixed by reducing zip files] GreenLorax OmniFocus for iPhone 26 2009-07-26 01:38 PM
How do I make it open all the tabs/windows I had open? pergesu OmniWeb General 1 2008-04-22 08:25 AM
Each time I open an OPML file, OO duplicates each row! bochenn OmniOutliner 3 for Mac 1 2008-02-01 12:28 PM
iCal Sync on open and quit Eye_Doc iCal Sync 7 2008-01-22 05:06 PM
Losing my preferences every time I quit rmathes OmniWeb Bug Reports 3 2008-01-11 02:10 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.