The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is Is OmniFocus a superset of OmniOutliner? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Though I have a good deal of experience in OmniOutliner, I'm having some trouble differentiating between OO and OF.

Is there anything that Outliner does that OmniFocus can't? Are there somethings that are easier in OO than OF?

Anybody made the switch from OO to OF, and not miss OO? (Curious because the OF portion of the forum seems more heavily used, which perhaps implies that it is a more popular product.)

Does omniGroup have a OO/OF comparison sheet or a screencast that highlights the main differences, particularly from the perspective of an OO using interested in OF?

Thanks!

qomni

Last edited by qomni; 2012-02-02 at 11:15 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by qomni View Post
Though I have a good deal of experience in OmniOutliner, I'm having some trouble differentiating between OO and OF.

Is there anything that Outliner does that OmniFocus can't? Are there somethings that are easier in OO than OF?

Does omniGroup have a OO/OF comparison sheet or a screencast that highlights the main differences, particularly from the perspective of an OO using interested in OF?

Thanks!

qomni
No, it's not. They have a fair bit in common, but OmniFocus is a task manager, and OmniOutliner is an outliner. You can do arbitrary columns and stuff in Outliner, and it's document based (i.e. you can have hundreds of outlines). OmniFocus is really more of a database, and you'd have one database. It also focuses on projects and dates, where Outliner doesn't (the latter is much more freeform).