The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Dragging from Bottom of Tab Drawer Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When you drag the bottom tab from the bottom of the tab drawer, when it's got a scroll bar:

When you click and drag the bottom-most tab, the other tabs jump down about half their height, instead of staying where they are. I imagine that the proper action would be to maintain the blank spot at the bottom (and not "scroll up" to hide part of where the old tab would be).

Please see horrible movie that I've done to demonstrate it:
http://udecker.com/Omnitabs.mov (361k, MOV file)

-Craig

Are you using an intel machine?

There is a Apple bug with autoscrolling and periodic events on intel that might explain this...

I'm getting easily distracted by the demo text. I think he's seeing what I'm seeing as well (but I kind of like.) This is on a PPC machine.

http://lpnw.pwntv.com/files/OW5.5b2tabs.mov

I've just noticed this in response to another thread - it is a problem because when your tab is the last in the drawer, when you cancel the drag and allow it to snap back, it does so to a position off screen below the bottom of the drawer (as your movie shows towards the end). Given that your tab was previously visible, a cancellation of the drag should result in the same situation as before rather than changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
I've just noticed this in response to another thread - it is a problem because when your tab is the last in the drawer, when you cancel the drag and allow it to snap back, it does so to a position off screen below the bottom of the drawer (as your movie shows towards the end). Given that your tab was previously visible, a cancellation of the drag should result in the same situation as before rather than changing.
That's my thought as well. (Sorry for the demo text). I'm on a PPC machine, btw. As I said before, I would assume that the slot where the tab view was placed should remain when slightly moving the tab, and when scrolling back down to the bottom, it should reveal one full, but empty, slot to re-drop it. (Same if you would drag another tab all the way to the bottom.)

I will guess this is an ordering issue--when we drag, we remove the tab from the list so the list is shorter and the view shrinks so the bottom is up higher--then since you are actually over the view, we make room for you to drop the tab and push the tab you are over out of the way. I assume this is a bug in 5.1 currently as well and if so, probably won't get fixed in 5.5.