The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can I have a single prioritised list across multiple projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have several projects each of which contain actions which I have put in order of priority. Is it possible to prioritise a master unified list/view across all projects?

Right now if I have say 5 projects, the top action in each project all have equal priority. I can only actually do one action at a time so I want to prioritise which action I do first.

Is this possible in Omnifocus?

Thanks,

Lee

Yes, you can do this by repurposing the Duration/Estimate field. If you use that field as your priority value (with 1 being the highest priority), a context mode view sorted by duration will give you your tasks individually sorted by priority, across all the projects in the view.

Personally, I prefer to flag the most important handful of tasks, do them first, then grab the next batch. I do the flagging as I review, and as I look at the forecast view (iOS only, but you can make perspectives on the Mac that do much the same thing).