The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Has Now Been Hijacked Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Moderators or Troy or whoever at Omni, should check on a regular basis the forums so that fake posts such as the mortgage one now on this site is removed and the spammer who posted it is just simply removed.
Come on guys and girls at Omni.

Last edited by Ken Case; 2006-06-17 at 04:10 AM..

Be polite and remember they are humans that sleep etc too. Did you click that "!" traffic sign to report spam btw? Yes, click that "mortgage" post, you will see right top a "!" traffic sign graphic, it is used to report the spam. You don't need to go nuts.

What they should do is using SPAM button a bit automatic like 5 registered guys/gals mark it spam, boot that topic AND the IP. Yes, it is a zombie (not real guy posting) and it is a virused windows system. That IP is not in interest of Omni, shouldn't be.

It seems spammers found a way to haxor webforums again. It is same way in Eudora forums.

Even versions are same.

Last edited by Ilgaz; 2006-06-17 at 02:40 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilgaz
Be polite and remember they are humans that sleep etc too. Did you click that "!" traffic sign to report spam btw? Yes, click that "mortgage" post, you will see right top a "!" traffic sign graphic, it is used to report the spam. You don't need to go nuts.

What they should do is using SPAM button a bit automatic like 5 registered guys/gals mark it spam, boot that topic AND the IP. Yes, it is a zombie (not real guy posting) and it is a virused windows system. That IP is not in interest of Omni, shouldn't be.

It seems spammers found a way to haxor webforums again. It is same way in Eudora forums.

Even versions are same.
Thank you, but at my age and excellent command of the English language, I don't need to be told to be polite. I posted a clear and concise post and straight to the point. When Troy and the 'team' at Omni wake and see forums they will note the posting times, (half way round he world) and, as I have had communications with Troy over a number of years, he above all will understand the frustration and annoyance these things cause.
I am sure that others have 'flagged' the offending post. I may have only joined this forum a few days ago (for SnPk feedback) but am in truth an 'old hack' with Omni.

Cheers from a sunny and hot Central London :cool:

i agree that these things are really frustrating. but anyway you should use a more polite language to express yourself.

Who tells anything about your age or excellent command of english?

It is same rule since 1980s, if you see a troll or spammer, you don't go down to their level, silently report it to some moderator and wait for action.

Should I remove "Istanbul" location from my profile, get english nickname and launch my "Grammarian Pro" to make that polite point and not be bragged to by how old you are, how long you know Omni guys and how native your english is?

Sorry, I am just a poor foreigner here knowing how spammers work in 2006 and that is NOT a real human being to read your flaming post and be ashamed. They don't have shame at first place anyways!

I will keep my rule since 1988, I will post with my real name, real location and real english and this thing started to get me into trouble (!) for a long time in Mac community for some unknown reasons. I am afraid to guess why in fact... Nevermind, flame whatever you want. As in turkish we say "söyleyen gitti", like "The telling person has left".

Last edited by Ilgaz; 2006-06-17 at 09:54 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilgaz
Who tells anything about your age or excellent command of english?

It is same rule since 1980s, if you see a troll or spammer, you don't go down to their level, silently report it to some moderator and wait for action.

Should I remove "Istanbul" location from my profile, get english nickname and launch my "Grammarian Pro" to make that polite point and not be bragged to by how old you are, how long you know Omni guys and how native your english is?

Sorry, I am just a poor foreigner here knowing how spammers work in 2006 and that is NOT a real human being to read your flaming post and be ashamed. They don't have shame at first place anyways!

I will keep my rule since 1988, I will post with my real name, real location and real english and this thing started to get me into trouble (!) for a long time in Mac community for some unknown reasons. I am afraid to guess why in fact... Nevermind, flame whatever you want. As in turkish we say "söyleyen gitti", like "The telling person has left".

WELL, nurdle me spanglers and wazzlepe girdpodlers.....

Get a life and lighten up.

"CHEERS AGAIN" from a sunny London aka my genuine name and real location.

Sneaky Peek 15 is so fast now. I love it. How about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwayne
Get a life and lighten up.
As the old saying goes, the first to result to a personal attack has lost the debate.