The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I don't want one row's style to infect the next Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I've been using OO for years, and I'm still baffled by Styles.

I'm working on an outline, and wanted only one item - it's a level three item - to appear in bold. Now, when I hit enter and create another item immediately below it (whether level 3 or indented to level 4), it too appears as bold. I don't want that. I want all new items to appear as I have set their styles in the Utility Drawer.

I've tried this with Automatic Level Styles on and off, and it doesn't make a difference. The new level always inherits the attributes of the one preceding it. There HAS to be a way to do this: I just want new items to be created in the styles I've set for the entire document.

How do I do this? And why is OO the only application in the world whose Style approach I still cannot decipher?