The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Enter/Return key problems Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am testing a problem with the return and enter keys not working properly but causing a carriage return in the search and URL fields.
That is happening here too. I just hit the enter key and it went to a new line. I will now try the return key ...
and it does the same.

Last edited by PatriciaW; 2008-03-02 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: Testing keys ... enter works ok in the title field

Strange, I got a reply to this but it doesn't show in the thread ... "It does the same thing in Safari 3. I think that's the way it's always worked." posted by Handycam ...
I'm not sure if the response is to my posting but if it is, I do not agree that it behaves that way in Safari. If it did how would one enter a google search or a URL. Possibly entering data in a text box ... but that was just one part of the problem. The other part of the problem ... the search box and URL field ... are resolved by restarting OmniWeb.

I have the carriage return instead of enter problem in the url field after the adobe pdf plugin was loaded. All old and new tabs in the window where the plugin was used are "contaminated" then. I just go on with a new window.

I deleted my reply since I re-read your post and realized I was talking about form fields, and you were talking about the URL bar. My mistake.

But I've never seen the URL field problem here.