The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Try Free WebDAV Sync if Apache won't work Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey, looks like 1.5 has Bounjour support! But I still can't get my iphone Omnifocus 1.0.3 to talk to 1.5 on the MBP Am I missing something? I set Bonjour up on 1.5, set password. Went to Iphone, selected both NONE and Advanced, Obtain settings from Mac. Indicates "No Wifi", yet my MBP Wifi is enabled, but of course not "connected to a network". I am hoping I don't have to "Create a network" as that would then make my MBP discoverable on the network. I have a feeling the only way to make this work is to create a wifi network. That has me concerned. So I ask, Is this the way to get Bounjour to work? Am I missing something, such as the update to Omnifocus App for Iphone I saw discussed?

It would sure be nice if there was a step by step text list on how to get your Iphone to sync with Bonjour running on Wifi on your MacBook. ;)

Last edited by defilmj; 2008-10-25 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by defilmj View Post
Hey, looks like 1.5 has Bounjour support! But I still can't get my iphone Omnifocus 1.0.3 to talk to 1.5 on the MBP Am I missing something?
What you're missing is iPhone OmniFocus 1.1, which has the necessary support, but has yet to emerge from the bowels of the App store approval process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
What you're missing is iPhone OmniFocus 1.1, which has the necessary support, but has yet to emerge from the bowels of the App store approval process.
AH, thanks for that. Gee this really makes me wonder... Being a Unix/Linux geek all my life and being so anti-windows, Bill Gates shoving new OS's down our throats every 2-3 years requiring us to upgrade the OS, and of course all the productivity applications with it (office, project, etc).

I don't know if Steve Jobs and Apple is really any better. Restricting application to the Iphone as they are has me looking forward to what things will look like in 18 months with Android, given Google is taking an opposite approach, likely because their revenue model is different of course, but I don't see this process as being "consumer friendly"... It has not stopped many of my applications from abending mid application, such as Safari, Aroundme, Urbanspoon, Shazam, Pandora. Seems they are becoming alike in so many ways.... Heck, I am all for free enterprise, but I can't imagine what benefit this approval process has on updates to existing applications they have approved....

I keep checking...

26-10-2008 15:50 EDT No updates available yet.
26-10-2008 15:55 EDT No updates available yet.
Feel like an expectant father:D

Last edited by defilmj; 2008-10-26 at 11:59 AM..

I just started using Omnifocus a few days ago and just downloaded the iPhone version today. After reading this thread I was concerned, but I guess I have 1.1 of the iPhone app and I synced it to my PowerMac G5 smooth as silk using Bonjoir. I was concerned since my Mac is attached in my office via wired ethernet, but I guess Wifi must be going to. It was so easy a cave man could do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by convergent View Post
I just started using Omnifocus a few days ago and just downloaded the iPhone version today. After reading this thread I was concerned, but I guess I have 1.1 of the iPhone app and I synced it to my PowerMac G5 smooth as silk using Bonjoir. I was concerned since my Mac is attached in my office via wired ethernet, but I guess Wifi must be going to. It was so easy a cave man could do it!
Now I am confused.:confused: 1.1 for the iphone is not available yet as we have been discussing. You should have 1.5 of the MAC Desktop application, and 1.0.3 of the iphone Application. We are all waiting for iphone 1.1 as Bonjour is not supported on 1.0.3, although I believe you know what Bonjour is...obviously..:confused:

I wonder if 1.1 is not coming up as an update, but people downloading OF for Iphone and paying are getting 1.1??? Meantime those of us who already paid $19.99 for it are waiting for the update notice that may not come unless you purchase it again for another 19.99?

Last edited by defilmj; 2008-11-02 at 06:59 AM..

It never showed up as an update!!

I had to search for omnifocus, select
$19.99, select BUYIT. OF then started
To download and install , displayed "this
Is a free update since you already purchased
This application". It then installed 1.1!!

If you have 1.03 installed, and updates
Says all apps are up to date, download
OF again to iPhone. You won't be charged
And you will get 1.1 update! :)

I guess just dumb luck for me that I started using OmniFocus last week and just bought it for the iPhone at EXACTLY the right time to get 1.1. I am digging this.... very good stuff. I'm glad that for once I didn't hit the early adopter spot where a lot of folks were being frustrated. ;)

...for for the Sharemation tip. I set it up. Seems to be working fine with two desktops and my iPod Touch. I'm using an https url too, which Sharemation evidently supports.

I configured apache and had it working between my two desktop machines, but I don't know enough about the specifics of https to get that working, and I wanted the ability to do encrypted syncs over the internet between laptop, Touch and desktop. Sharemation seems to solve this.

Make sure to use the correct port in your url if you want to use the https (port 443 if memory serves rather than port 80).

I had this working in under 15 minutes from the time I read the e-mail in this thread about it. So great. Thanks for posting.

KS