The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sync more stuff? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Omni Response:

This has been filed internally at Omni as:
bug://bugs/46807 (Request: sync perspectives between machines [synch])

If you want to add your vote
Email OmniFocus Support
Original User Question:

Sync between multiple desktops appeared to be the answer to my prayers, but it doesn't seem that perspectives are synchronized, which makes it considerably less useful. Any plans to do this? I'd love to set up my workflow only once.

Last edited by xmas; 2008-07-30 at 10:31 AM..

This is something we may do down the road, not for 1.1 though. (I'll add your vote to the list!)

Add my vote to the list as well! And that of my two cats, and my son, and my sweetie, and my son's goldfish, and the neighbor's two horses, the checkout girl at the grocery store ... I've yet to hear anyone say they thought it wasn't a good idea :-)

While we wait, you can copy perspectives from one machine to another by copying the contents of your Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/Perspectives folder.

It would be really nice if when the program syncs the perspectives from one machine to another, it also had the option of syncing the preferences!

I third this sentiment. That would be nice. And a way to see which Perspective you are currently using.

I just noticed some of my perspectives disappeared from one of my mac's, and a couple from another of my machines appeared instead! Is the sync of perspectives implemented or have I made some mess of my setup? :-)

Last edited by Leif; 2008-08-05 at 01:39 PM..

Must be something else, Leif, because we still don't sync perspectives.