The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Project Drop-Down on Inspector Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
If I select an Action, and examine it with the Inspector I am presented with drop-down lists for Project and Context. I'm puzzled by the implementation though.

The drop down list is populated with EVERY Project, including completed ones! In my case, that includes MANY copies of a recurring Project that has been completed over and over again. This makes the list too long to visually parse. And I don't know why I would want to move a task into a completed Project anyway.

Or am I missing something?

Robert

I am having the same issue. I’m surprised this isn’t a more common complaint. I’ve searched Preferences but can’t seem to find anything on it. Does anyone know how hide completed projects in the inspector’s drop-down menu?

Don't do it that way. Instead, type into the project field in the row, and you get the benefit of the quick match feature as well as not having completed projects shown. If you don't have the project field shown, you can add it with the gear menu at the top of the outline's scroll bar, or with View→Columns→Project.

To me, the inspector is the means to set any field that can be set to (nearly) any allowable value (the exception that comes to mind is that you can't set project or context to a value that hasn't yet been defined).

I usually do just type in the Project field in the row, but when I am setting the project for multiple actions, it would be nice to use the inspector to set them all at once. But this doesn’t turn out to be very practical since the Projects drop-down is populated with every project ever.

I could drag them into the project on the sidebar, but if I’m doing this from the Inbox then all those actions leave the inbox. It’s not a huge deal, but I just have to remember to set Context, Start, Due, etc. before dragging actions to their project.