The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Annotate objects (applescript) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Excellent, it is working great.

Some thoughts

1. Make the annotate or reposition buttons be check boxes. Then clicking on the compass point (N, NE etc) could trigger the action. This would save you a mouse click on most updates.

2. On my xcode application I have the compass points as check boxes not radio buttons. This allows you to put more than one annotation on at a time. However, that is a rare case. With the above fix you could get 95% of the annotation operations down to a single mouse click. Very nice indeed.

Embedding scripts in the stencils is a much better interface than the pull down apple script menu! Thanks for all your effort.

Dan

Dan, I know this was a long time about, but how do you install/use an interactive stencil?

FYI: I don't think this works on OmniGraffle 5. It is on my to do list, but near the bottom.

I didn't make the interactive stencil, just the scripts that did the annotating. I do think it was just putting it in the stencil directory like any other.