The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Repeating Actions? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The interface is nice and clear to me.

--Liz

Repeating actions work fairly well for me now also. Still waiting for repeating projects.

Two things that occasionally trip me up:
  • Repeat ... from assigned date. At one point this was "Repeat ... from due date," which didn't make sense when an action had a start date but no due date. The new wording is better, but I have to remind myself that "assigned date" means due date unless no due date is present. It would be nice to have some indication of when the next repeat would be. I'm thinking of a little area in the inspector that says something like:
    Code:
        Next occurrence:
            Start: April 1, 2008
            Due: April 15, 2008
    If the next occurrence would not have a start date then it would say "none", and similarly for due date. I'm not sure how that area should behave when the repeat is based on completion date.
  • Whole days. When I have an item that repeats in n days/weeks/months/years from completion, the repeat is set for the exact time of completion on the correct day. I would prefer that such "long stride" repeats be set to 12:00 am on the correct day. Otherwise during my morning review I fail to see tasks that start later in the day.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton
[*]Whole days. When I have an item that repeats in n days/weeks/months/years from completion, the repeat is set for the exact time of completion on the correct day. I would prefer that such "long stride" repeats be set to 12:00 am on the correct day. Otherwise during my morning review I fail to see tasks that start later in the day.[/LIST]

Yes. I agree. I have a morning to do list that repeats daily based on completion. (Sometimes I get to it, sometimes I don't.) If I don't get to some things on the list until that night, I still want them to pop back up as available tomorrow morning.

When I see daily repeating, I assume it means calendar daily, not 24 hours.

johnrover -- daily tasks like that might be better set to repeating based on assigned date. Assign them to start at 12 am and repeat daily. As soon as you get up in the morning, they'll be there waiting for you. And regardless of when you check them off during the day, the next ones will start at 12 am again.