The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iPhone Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I saw some posts and screenshots of an Iphone interface.... but how would you use this product from an iphone, its not a hosted product. right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeBerry View Post
I saw some posts and screenshots of an Iphone interface.... but how would you use this product from an iphone, its not a hosted product. right?
What do you mean by hosted product? There will be a SDK I think in February. It's unrealistic for a product like Omni Group to be very far along in development of a iPhone app without the SDK, and given that their efforts are focused on Omni Focus.

There used to be a mini web app sort of thing bundled into OmniFocus, that you could connect to if you gave your iPhone your computer's IP. But a lot of people don't have a static IP for their machine, or they use a laptop, so it's not online when they're not using it. So it was only useful for a few people, and we were spending a lot of support time explaining to everyone else why it wasn't working for them. So we took it out, but I believe you can still find this web app if you poke around the OmniFocus Extras forum. It might even still be made to work if you have a little ruby and networking savvy.

And I'm pretty sure when the SDK is available to us, we'll start work on some sort of iPhone app that either syncs with OmniFocus or has similar features or something. A lot depends on exactly what tools the SDK gives us. So no promises, but there are definitely upcoming possibilities for an iPhone interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
And I'm pretty sure when the SDK is available to us, we'll start work on some sort of iPhone app that either syncs with OmniFocus or has similar features or something. A lot depends on exactly what tools the SDK gives us. So no promises, but there are definitely upcoming possibilities for an iPhone interface.
I know it's too early to work out any details, but I'm really hopeful about this. I bought the program yesterday, and I know if you guys manage an iPhone/iPod touch app, it'll be great. Hopefully the SDK makes you, and then us, very happy.