The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Due dates change when OF running a while / computer sleeping? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Okay, I looked around and couldn't find a thread on this, but it's a hard issue to search for. I'll try to describe...

I usually leave my computer on overnight, with several programs running and set up just like I want - namely Chrome and OF.

In OF, I have several tasks that repeat daily, due at 6pm (or in some cases later). Sometimes I do not check a daily task as complete (either because I haven't done it or have forgotten to check it).

When I wake my computer in the morning, said daily task does not say due "Yesterday" - as it should - but rather due "Today" and highlights it red as if overdue, even though Today's task is actually not due until this evening.

When I quit and restart OF, all goes back to normal, and said task displays as due Yesterday, and is shown as overdue.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, I've seen this. It usually figures itself out, or I can quit/restart and all is fine.

You could file a bug; I don't really find it to be a huge problem as if I'm using due dates, and using them to mean actually DUE dates, then I have issues when lots of things spill into "due yesterday."

Thanks.

No, it's not a huge problem. More a minor annoyance. I'd prefer not to have to restart, but it's okay.

I will submit a bug.

Thanks!