The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Recommendations for finding Agenda Items Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been working my way in to OmniFocus and wanted to know if anyone has a solution for this workflow issue. Here's the scenario. I have multiple projects, all of which I may at some point want to talk to a single person about. I'd like to be able to create agenda items in each separate project that essentially read, "Talk to John Doe about this." Then, I'd like to be able to easily gather up all of the agenda items that refer to John Doe and list them.

So, the question. Presumably it's easy enough to do this with a filter on Agenda and search on John Doe in the name of the action. Has anyone found a different mechanism for this? Any best practices anyone has developed for this scenario? I've also used kGTD where I maintained a project for each person I might want to discuss things -- basically a project for each one on one I might have with employees/manager. Those actions don't necessarily repeat the name of the person in the title of each action, so they'd fall out of the above filter. Does anyone have a workflow/organization pattern they're particularly happy with for dealing with multiple people you might want to meet with? Here are the requirements as I see them:

* Able to add an action to discuss a project with someone to the project
* Have a location for one-off discussions with a person/quick notes to discuss things that don't (yet) rise to the level of a project
* Able to easily filter down and see all the items that relate to this person

Thoughts?

Rollie

I use nested contexts for this. I have an "Agenda" context. Under that I have contexts for "Matt", "Claude", "Lisa", etc.

In the context view just select the person's name to focus on what you need to discuss with them.

Last edited by curt.clifton; 2007-06-16 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: Correct grammatical error

That's an outstanding solution -- thanks!