The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wish: client-specific Context view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would suggest that a few things:

The action could be "Recommend Mac Mini for Bob Smith"

The other thing is that "office" is a little generic for the context of recommending. Are you using the "office"? Aren't you using the phone or email to recommend? If you are just meeting with them, how about throwing them into the Agenda context?

Agenda-Bob-Smith : Recommend Mac Mini to Bob Smith

I know it is a little repetitive but it will be better in all views.

Also, if you use that cool template, it will be real easy.

BZ

Could one also think of contexts as a way of pre-deciding which action to complete?

If i have a massive flat list of actions, and I choose one of those to work on, i'm obviously choosing it for a reason. For example, it may be because I can do it in this location, its a good time of day to do it, i'm in the mood to do it, it needs to be done before a certain time, i've got the tools to do it right now, i'm in the mind set to do it, etc. These reasons give clues as to what your contexts should be.

So if you've got too many actions in one context, one way to determine what a useful subcontext might be to ask yourself "for what reason do i choose to work on one task from this list over another". Do a little introspection as you work in your usual way and perhaps you'll discover what kind of context distinctions really matter to you.

I'm thrilled to see my client names (aka Project folder names) in the Context view in 90259.

Although the concatenation of "folder name: project name" often wraps to 2-3 lines in the new Context view, the (new?) View > Collapse Row Text When Not Editing feature results in a vertically compact list. And I'm much more interested in seeing client (folder) names than the project names.

Now I can go back and remove the abbreviated client name prefix from all of my project names.

[submitted as formal feedback]