The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Missing Contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have just started using OF and am running build 93147. When entering in my tasks, I created several contexts from the project view using the command-return notation. All was well. Five such contexts dutifully appeared in the contexts lists in the context view, but after those, no more did so. If I am entering in a new task from the project view, I can select from all the contexts I have created, but if I switch to the context view, only those first five contexts appear.

I then created contexts in the context view, but after switching to the project view and back again, those too have disappeared. Like the others, they show up as options in the drop-down when creating a task in project view, but are nowhere to be found in the context view.

Tasks assigned to the missing contexts do not appear in the No Context folder.

What is going on? Does anyone else have this problem?

Last edited by macrael; 2007-10-21 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: spelling correction

In Context View, what's the first setting in your View Bar. My guess is Active Contexts. Active Contexts only show contexts marked 'active' that also have actions matching your other View Bar settings. If you want to see all the contexts marked 'active', change the first view bar setting to Available contexts.

I'm also guessing that your other view bar settings in Context View are filtering out actions. Experiment with those to see what happens.

Curt

Wonderful. That indeed fixed me up. Do view bar settings always filter your view even when the view bar is not active?
Does that make sense if it does?

-MacRae

Last edited by macrael; 2007-10-21 at 08:28 PM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrael View Post
Wonderful. That indeed fixed me up. Do view bar settings always filter your view even when the view bar is not active?
Does that make sense if it does?
They do, which is one reason why I (like other people) never hide my view bar.