The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > iDisk/MobileMe/.Mac Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

i don't have sync for MobileMe Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
i have been using OmniFocus on my Mac Pro for quite a while now (since beta days). i also had it on my Macbook, but i never actually used it there. well, last night i decided to start a Todo list for a trip to Europe next week. i had to update the version on my Macbook to 1.0.3. and i got started. after my list was made, i hit a button for syncing and selected MobileMe. i can visit my MobileMe website and see the files in my Documents folder. whew.

now i am back on my Mac Pro. i have a different database but i have completed all of the ToDo items and i would like to sync with my MobileMe account to bring in the 40 or so ToDo items. on my Mac Pro the only sync available is for iCal. i don't use iCal (Google Calendars FTW ;) ). i have looked in my MobileMe preferences and do not find anything for OmniFocus. i have selected the OmniFocus Help from the Help menu but there is not a word about MobileMe. i had a button for this on my Macbook, but no such button exists on my Mac Pro even when i edit the toolbar. i am running the latest version 1.0.3.

here are some screen shots of my sync preferences and my toolbar options.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	omnifocus_ical.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	668   Click image for larger version

Name:	omnifocus_ical_2.jpg
Views:	786
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	669   Click image for larger version

Name:	omnifocus_toolbar.jpg
Views:	772
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	670  

It sounds like you aren't running a version 1.1 (sneaky peek) OmniFocus on the Mac Pro. Without that, you won't be able to do the syncing between computers. If you want to sync between your computers, you'll need to download and install 1.1 from http://www.omnigroup.com/application...ad/sneakypeek/ to do so.

Before you rush off to do that, however, I'll warn you that it won't work as you want! The OmniFocus sync support tries to maintain a common database, not parallel ones. Your two databases are unrelated at this point as far as it is concerned. One of them will have to be wiped out and replaced with the other. The only way you can merge them is to copy the changes from one, set up syncing and get them both synced up to the other database, then paste in the missing changes. I would probably just print a list of the completed actions that will be lost, saving as PDF, and attach that to an action in the new database if you wanted to have the list but didn't want to spend much time. If you want to avoid getting real work done for a longer period ;) you can select all the completed actions you want to transfer, copy them, and paste them into a TextEdit document. Once you've got the new database running, you can then copy and paste those actions from the TextEdit document into your Inbox, assign the projects and contexts again, mark them all as completed, and call it a day. You can do the paste all at once if you click on the left margin of Inbox before pasting. If you don't click in the right spot, you'll get a single action with a bunch of lines instead of a bunch of actions. Did I mention that I'd probably just print the list? :)

thank you. the to do list on my Mac Pro is old. i am currently on sabbatical and haven't touched a to do list in about 2 weeks now. :D

so, i downloaded the 1.1, which happened automatically on my Mabcbook apparently. i then was able to sync and i replaced everything on my Mac Pro with the server copy -- and now my Europe to do list is on my Mac Pro. THANKS!

now to install on my iPhone. :eek: