The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Feedback on Recurring/Repeating Tasks
Task 1 extending as one task 6 18.75%
Task 2 splitting into segments 22 68.75%
Recurring tasks on a single row 27 84.38%
Recurring tasks on separate rows 7 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Feedback on Recurring/Repeating Tasks Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Plans can and do change, of course, but we're currently looking at adding this in one of our upcoming 2.x releases.

(It was originally scheduled for 2.0, but we decided it wasn't worth holding back all the other great stuff already in 2.0: collaborative project syncing, tracking changes, and task filtering. We then thought we might do it for 2.1, but decided that sharing resource workloads between projects was even more important. And meanwhile, of course, we had OmniPlan for iPad to write… But those things are all done now, so it's making its way to the top of our list.)
Ken,
Maybe you must use Omniplan more... because the discussion start in 2010 and now we are in 2013.... ? I would say... that is a lot of time for a function that is promised... more or less.
I know we want also integration to mail and omnifocus and calendar... but as a projectmanager you have always regular meeting within the project..... so get a meeting and fix this!
With Regards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvasperen View Post
Ken,
Maybe you must use Omniplan more... because the discussion start in 2010 and now we are in 2013.... ? I would say... that is a lot of time for a function that is promised... more or less.
I know we want also integration to mail and omnifocus and calendar... but as a projectmanager you have always regular meeting within the project..... so get a meeting and fix this!
With Regards...
I totaly agree with you.

My hopes about this feature wrecked after 2.3 release.

Quote:
Plans can and do change, of course, but we're currently looking at adding this in one of our upcoming 2.x releases.

(It was originally scheduled for 2.0, but we decided it wasn't worth holding back all the other great stuff already in 2.0: collaborative project syncing, tracking changes, and task filtering. We then thought we might do it for 2.1, but decided that sharing resource workloads between projects was even more important. And meanwhile, of course, we had OmniPlan for iPad to write… But those things are all done now, so it's making its way to the top of our list.)
Hi Ken. What do you have to say about this feature?

Whats the point in leave this promise unfulfilled after so many years?

Hello Omni staff! Please... Any final decision about this feature?

I apologize for not posting an update sooner, I hadn't read this thread since my last post in it, where I said:

Quote:
I led off by saying "plans can and do change", and I'm sorry to disappoint but in this case I'm afraid they have: we're no longer looking at adding recurring tasks to an upcoming 2.x release.

Why did this plan change, despite everyone agreeing that recurring tasks would be a useful feature to add?

Apple added a sandboxing requirement for App Store apps which we had to meet before they would approve any new features being added to our app. Implementing sandboxing was a major undertaking, taking about a year out of our development schedule. We finally shipped this sandboxed release last quarter—but even now that we've shipped a sandboxed app, we're still working through fallout caused by sandboxing.

Of course, sandboxing hasn't been the only thing we've done in the last year: we've also added support for Auto Save and Versions, for viewing scheduling influences, for new constraint types (start no later than, end no earlier than), added print headers to all pages—and on top of that, we've completely rewritten our Microsoft Project import/export code.

But I'm afraid sandboxing has pushed recurring tasks out of the schedule for 2.x. If you'd like to see recurring tasks added to OmniPlan sooner rather than later, please send that feedback to our development team at omniplan@omnigroup.com so we'll have that feedback readily available as we plan future releases. Thank you!