The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

upgraded to 1.0.2 and can't open my database! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
UPDATE: I now have my database working. In desperation I just opened up my original file (the one I thought was corrupted) and went to lunch. When I got back OF was up and running and all my data was there. I thought OF had frozen because the little dashed circle in the opening "splash box" had stopped spinning and I had waited a couple minutes. It ended up taking a LOT longer, more like 5-10 minutes to open up under 1.2. If you experience this, don't Force Quit! Be patient, wait many several minutes and it will open!

-------------------------------------------------------

Original Plea:

I just upgraded to the new OF 1.2 and now I can't open up my database. I upgraded via the new version alert after opening up my 1.1 document. It opened fine and has worked fine for a long time.

After the upgrade, OF hung and I had to force quit. I noticed the database file had a modified date/time of when I tried to open OF but couldn't.

I cleared out the OmniFocus folder in Application Support and I am able to open up both 1.1 and 1.2. I then tried putting my old OmniFocus folder back into Application Support but it would hang again. I tried to "Revert to Database Backup" but that won't work.

I have two screen shots of the error messages I received. It seems like maybe one of the XML files in my OF database is corrupt. Removing that file did not help.

Of course I could revert to a back up, but I just discovered all the back ups I've been making are not copying over the database package contents! What a time to find this out!

Is there any hope?

Here are some screen shots of the error messages I've received:

I am using an iBook G4 with Mac OS 10.4.11.

Thanks for any help!

Eric

Last edited by webalstrom; 2008-05-15 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: Fixed The Problem