The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Bug Reports
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Intermittent login problem in OOo 5.5 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm a member of the OpenOffice project, and am usually logged in at their site.

But every now and then, I can't login. There's no error message, the page just reloads with my username and password still filled in, but nothing changes. I can keep on trying, from the same page, or different pages, and still get the same result.

However, using Camino, I can login at that time. No problems.

Usually, after a few hours, I can login to OOo again via Omniweb. I don't understand why this problem comes and goes, in one browser session.

Thankyou for any help you can offer with this. I usually have quite a few pages open on this site, and I'd rather have them open in Omniweb than have to shift my activities to Camino.

It could be a corrupt cookie. Try deleting the cookies for the site and starting over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clytie
I'm a member of the OpenOffice project, and am usually logged in at their site.

But every now and then, I can't login. There's no error message, the page just reloads with my username and password still filled in, but nothing changes. I can keep on trying, from the same page, or different pages, and still get the same result.

However, using Camino, I can login at that time. No problems.

Usually, after a few hours, I can login to OOo again via Omniweb. I don't understand why this problem comes and goes, in one browser session.

Thankyou for any help you can offer with this. I usually have quite a few pages open on this site, and I'd rather have them open in Omniweb than have to shift my activities to Camino.
Strange, but at least you can log in. After the recent security update, it seems secure pages are giving WebKit browsers many headaches. For me, nearly all https sites are inaccessible, which necessitates firing up Camino as well. Like you, I prefer to exclusively use OW. But until a solution comes around, I'll be using non-WebKit browsers for secure sites.

Sorry I can't help. But these problems may be related somehow.