The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Equivalent to visio backgrounds? And dealing with inspector windows Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi there -

I am a recent convert to Omnigraffle after having been using visio for many years. I am still getting to grips with the program, and need some help if anyone can offer?

Wondering 2 things:

1 - In visio I will always start by setting up a background where I put document headers and footers, and generally stuff I want to appear the same on multiple pages. What is the equivalent way to do this in omnigraffle?

2 - I find the inspector windows which float around the screen when you open them quite cumbersome to deal with - they sit annoyingly on top of the main canvas area of the document (never going behind), which means I am often closing them just to have a clear view of my doc. Then if you have multiple once open it also takes quite a lot of clicking around to find the one you want. Im convinced im not using these in the right way - any tips for dealing with these?

thanks

Last edited by nebbisch; 2011-01-16 at 11:48 AM.. Reason: unfinished - did not mean to submit