The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pre-Sales question: Auto sketch to line feature? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

Unfortunately I'm a PC not a Mac but am wondering abut getting OmniGraffle for iPad, I just had one question and hoped someone here might be able to answer it for me?

In the Wireframing demo video it gave me the impression that I would be able to draw freehand images and then it could automatically convert these into line shapes, ie:

I draw a crappy rectangle, i can then convert it into a straight/parallel rectangle and snap it to a grid?

Is this possible or have I miss understood?

Thanks

There is no automatic "hey, this looks like a rectangle, I bet he wanted nice clear parallel lines" type feature. However, you can convert any shape to any other shape, so you can still draw a crappy rectangle and then change that to a perfect one manually by touching a button.

iDesk does that but in my opinion has much to cluttered interface for being useful. That is a personal bias tho and they do have a trial version you can check out.