The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problem interacting with MS Project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi all,

I'm using OmniPlan 1.6.1 in conjunction with a large group of people at work who are using MS Project. We are on a large program with multiple subsystems. As part of our program management/cost accounting process, we track %complete for each task and that is used to bill the customer.

Each subsystem lead is responsible for creating and maintaining their own schedule. The schedules are to be updated and turned in weekly. Program management then uses these to generate progress reports and billing.

I am having a problem with OmniPlan that is causing a hiccup in the system. In MS Project, there is Start and Actual Start. The default is for planning to use Start and Actual Start is blank (or N/A). When a task is started then the Actual Start is filled in.

In OmniPlan, there is Planned Start and Start. It appears that setting the baseline just copies the dates in Start to Planned Start but they remain in Start. After exporting my plan and opening it under MS Project, MS Project now thinks I have started all of my tasks. This is causing problems with our system.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, how did you work around it (short of going into MS Project and editing all the Actual Start dates by hand)?

TIA,

KP