The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problems with backpackit.com Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I get an '501 - Not Implemented' error when submitting changes at my backpackit.com sites. As far as I remember it worked on previous versions of OmniWeb, but not anymore. I have no difficulties with Safari, FireFox or any of the backpackit-widgets. Are there any settings in OmniWeb I can change to make it work?

I'm having the same problem, and have reported it to Omni, but no reply yet.

For me, the problem started with Writeboards: I could edit the Writeboard text, but could not make a comment. Then I found that I couldn't make changes to any Backpack pages, or indeed any of 37signals' products. I am not sure, but I think this may have followed my upgrading to OmniWeb Beta 3 -- —ld it have introduced a new issue?

I have tried IDing as every possible browser, but nothing makes a difference: "501 - Not Implemented" every time.

I tried using two different versions of the nightly builds of webkit. I had the same problem with the first one, but using the most recent everything was fine. Maybe this is simply a bug in the version used in the most recent release of OmniWeb 5.5?

If it is in a later WebKit build then you'll need to wait for 5.5.1 before this is fixed, which OmniGroup is going to be starting on once 5.5 is final. 5.5.1 is going to be an update to a newer version of WebKit than the one they have currently picked so that these types of bugs will be solved, but they don't won't to delay the release of 5.5 further by starting on later WebKits right now.

The worst thing is almost every Rails website using AJAX calls is not working with OW ATM, and as it seems a Prototype-related issue, other websites might be affected, too.

I hope they'll release 5.5.1 soon...at least a beta...

AJAX support (or the lack of it, to be more specific) is a known issue. Search here for AJAX and see.

If you are a Rails Developer try this in the meantime: http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/5469

PS: I don't know who to blame, but please fix this asap. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlolav
I get an '501 - Not Implemented' error when submitting changes at my backpackit.com sites. As far as I remember it worked on previous versions of OmniWeb, but not anymore. I have no difficulties with Safari, FireFox or any of the backpackit-widgets. Are there any settings in OmniWeb I can change to make it work?
I emailed 37signals a small while ago to check why Backpack suddenly stopped working for me, and they sent this reply:

"We moved to a new host...and parts of Basecamp are now powered by the
lighttpd web server instead of apache. I can't think of anything that
would suddenly cause Omni to not work if it was working before."

They don't officially support Omniweb, and since it works in Safari, they're not going to look into it anymore. Now it's up to the Omnigroup to get it working again. :)