The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omniweb launches wrong page at startup Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I launch Omniweb it opens two windows with each window showing a a different web page each time even though I have it set to load a specific window for a home page at start up. Why is it doing this and how do I make it stop.

When I launch Omniweb here is what shows up below. Once its running in the background and I relaunch it, it opens the homepage I have selected as it should.

Last edited by techmate; 2006-12-20 at 05:20 AM..

I reinstalled omniweb and that didnt work. So I uninstalled it using appzapper then reinstalled it and the problem is gone. I dont know what the deal was with it but its fixed now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techmate
I reinstalled omniweb and that didnt work. So I uninstalled it using appzapper then reinstalled it and the problem is gone. I dont know what the deal was with it but its fixed now.
I should think that at some point you had pressed Control-Command-T and taken a snapshot of the current state and that was what was reloading each time. See under the <Workspace> menu. :)

Mark

You may be right. I think I did that at one time. If I would have hit the restore snapshot would that have fixed it?

I played around with workspaces, and that must have been what I done. I guess I just have some more reading in the help files to do. The browser is quite different than others Ive used.

Restoring the snapshot is what happened to you at every startup. This function is useful if you want to save your current workspace state, browse around and then go back to the state you saved (by taking a snapshot).

You would have gone back to "normal" state if you deleted the current workspace or opened a new one and never took a snapshot.

OW will always open the workspace at startup that was open when you quitted OW. If that workspace was saved (snapshotted) at some point, it will load that snapshot.

Isn't there any way to delete a snapshot?

Update: OmniWeb's help files have this to say on the subject: "To remove a snapshot from a workspace, close all open browser windows and then take a snapshot of the empty workspace."
WOW! What an elegant solution! :/

Last edited by aryayush; 2006-12-22 at 08:53 PM..