The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Project Management for ERP Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi Everyone,

Reviewing my OF setup and hoping for feedback and advise.

I'm managing 3 ERP projects and recently bought the Asian Efficiency Premium Post packet. I'm working with perspectives at the moment.

FYI, Enterprise Resource Planning systems are used to manage all aspects of a company. They're usually either broken down by module (as I listed below) or process (Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, etc...)

The setup I started with is I have a folder for each client and within each client folder, I have a project for each ERP module. For example, for client A, I have a project for Sales Order Management, Procurement, Inventory, AR, AP, and GL.

Before I get too far down a dead end, I was hoping for any ideas from the group.

Would it better to have one project for all client actives or broken down? In my MS Project plan they are merged into one project but do have break down by modules.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

I forgot about nesting projects. I'll take that route.

I would probably just create a folder called "Clients" and create a project for each client.

For more active customers, I'd create a separate folder and put all of their projects into that folder. Most of the time, I'll have customers that are simple enough and just put them in the "Active Clients" folder.

Then my customers who have multiple jobs will have their own folder. I can track their multiple projects in their own folders. I create a perspective that focuses on that folder only so that I can just go to it quickly.

Folder: Clients
Client: Jack
Client: Mary
Client: Mark
Client: Sally

Folder: Harry
Project 1
Project 2
Project 3

Folder: Jerry
Project 1
Project 2